Fox Transfer Post | First Look
July 14th, 2016
Fox Transfer Post – a true Reverb alternative
Fox aren’t new to the dropper post world – their Doss post is a popular choice for many people.
However, a stealth routed option with a choice of travel has been somewhat lacking from their range. But now there is a new post in town. The Fox Transfer.
The Fox Transfer is an entirely new dropper post. It is available in both the Factory variety with the much sought after Kashima coating, and the new Performance option – with a black stanchion tube.
This ties in with the whole Fox 2017 range.
We just took delivery of a Fox Transfer in the Performance Black, with stealth routing and 150mm travel. We’ll be keeping it long term to see how it fares with some real use and abuse.
Here are the key features of Fox’s new saddle traveller
- 100, 125 and 150mm options
- 30.9 and 31.6 post diameter
- Factory Kashima coating or a cheaper black anodised Performance edition
- Internal and externally routed options
- Two remote options for 1x or 2/3x set ups – left or right handed
- Easily modulated return speed with increased lever reach
- Low lever force provides consistent actuation pressure
- Cable actuation is designed to offer almost tool free instalation and removal
The cable clamp is situated under the lever meaning cable installation and adjustment is the easiest found on dropper posts so far – a huge sigh of relief compared to some of the night mare set ups out there.
Installing the Transfer to our new Nukeproof test mule couldn’t have been easier, thanks to the new cable clamp design. This is located in the lever itself – rather than in the end of the post. 15 minutes and the post was in and operating perfectly.
Its early days, but initial use shows signs of a truly reliable and smoothly operated dropper post. The black ano finish looks great too – not quite as sexy as the Kashima but stealthy and tidy nonetheless.
More info is available at Mojo Suspension and we’ll have some regular updates as we put some serious miles into our new arrival.