Rockshox Deluxe and Super Deluxe shocks unveiled
April 7th, 2016
Rockshox Deluxe and Super Deluxe – a new approach to shock design
Rockshox has just released details of their new Deluxe and Super Deluxe shocks, which benefit from the new Metric sizing system.
These new shocks have increased bushing overlap, which combined with a new bushing profile dramatically reduces friction. So much so that Rockshox claim the Super Deluxe is the world’s lowest friction shock…
In addition to the new bushing design, is a brand new damper design and two new mounting options. The damper holds the shock high in the stroke without sacrificing traction or feel – previously raised air pressure would be needed.
The new mounting systems include the Trunnion system, and a Bearing mount.
The Bearing design reduces the friction in swing-link style designs that involve a lot of rotation at the shock body, and the Trunnion mount allows a longer shock to be used. The Trunnion mounting can be up to 25mm shorter for the amount of stroke it offers – meaning frame designers can lower top tube height on bikes.
These are the main facts you need to know about the new Rockshox shocks:
- Improved traction
- More responsive action
- Increased bushing overlap – improved durability
- Improved Scraper seal
- Less maintenance
- Better performance in cold temperatures
- Super Deluxe features three independently tuneable compression settings.
- Counter Measure Spring – reduces initial breakaway force
- Rationalised Spring System – air volume tuning via Rockshox Bottomless Tokens
- New Mounting Systems – Trunnion mount and Bearing mount
- New Metric sizing allows bike designers to fit longer shocks, without affecting top tube height
We’ll be getting our hands on one of the new shocks as soon as possible – so keep an eye out on Factory Jackson for further details.
What do you think of the new Rockshox Deluxe and Super Deluxe shocks?
Do you like the sound of the Metric system?
Let us know in the comments below…