Specialized Demo Alloy Unveiled | New!
February 23rd, 2016
Specialized Demo Alloy – privateer model of team bike
Last year Specialized made a lot of downhill riders hot and bothered, when they released the stunning Demo Carbon. Amongst other things, it had an incredible looking asymmetrical, single sided rear end.
For 2016, privateer racers can now ride the exact same platform, but made from Aluminium – and at a far more affordable price.
Before Specialized released the Demo Carbon, they knew there had to be an Aluminium option. But making an asymmetrical, singled-sided frame out of Aluminium was much tougher than from compression moulded carbon fibre.
With a lot of elbow grease, the engineering team pulled it off without losing the performance benefits of the carbon model. Like internal cable routing; the new FSR layout and all the customisable options.
Here’s the main points you need to know about the Specialized Demo Alloy:
- Asymmetrical M5 Manipulated alloy frame set, 200mm travel
- 1.5in head tube
- 135mm rear spacing
- ISCG ’05 mount
- Cartridge bearing rear shock mounts
- Rear mech protector
- Custom Fox Van shock with piggyback, compression adjust, rebound adjust.
- S3 Geometry
- All sizes have low standover and seat tube heights.
- Short & Medium sizes share head tube heights, as do Long & Extra-Longs.
- Low 343mm BB height
- Slack 63.5degree head angle
- Short 430mm chain stays
- UK model : Demo Alloy 1, in Hyper Green.
- Price is £3500
- Availability – March 2015
Check the video out from the carbon fibre launch last year – you can have some of the same action for far less cash now!
Are you an Aluminium fan, or are you aspire to go for Carbon?
Does the Specialized Demo Alloy float your boat?
Let us know in the comments below!