e13 TRS Cassette | First Look
February 4th, 2016
e13 TRS cassette with 9tooth cog and unique mounting system
When SRAM started the 11speed movement, they redesigned the freehub body so they could offer a smaller 10 tooth sprocket.
e13 designers have taken things a step further to allow a tiny 9tooth sprocket, which offers a range similar to a twin ring set up! They also offer a 10speed version, which can be upgraded to 11 speed.
Here’s the full specs of the cassette:
- 10 speed range – 9, 10, 12, 14, 17, 20, 24, 28, 35, 42
- 11 speed range – 9, 10, 12, 14, 17, 20, 24, 28, 32, 38, 44
- Required freehub – SRAM XD driver
- Drivetrain compatibility – works with all Shimano and SRAM 10/11 speed
- Weight – 300grams (10 speed) and 320grams (11 speed)
The lower steel part of the cassette simply pushes on inline to the unlocked marker, and is tightened with a chain whip. This locks the cassette in place in the direction of pedalling.
We’ve put the e13 cassette straight on to a test bike running a SRAM drive train, and have already been out in the mud testing it. When we’ve put some decent miles on it, we’ll report back with a full test.
What do you think of the e13 concept?
Let us know in the comments below…