2016 Mondraker Dune Carbon
June 26th, 2015
The Enduro weapon you didn’t know you needed
Following in the foot steps of the mighty Foxy Carbon comes the much anticipated Dune Carbon – with a complete over haul and a stunning new frame design.
Like the Foxy, there are three complete models based around the same frame – the R; RR and XR – as well as a frameset option that comes with the incredible new Fox Float X2.
Its no secret that I get on well with Mondraker bikes – in particular the Foxy XR, which has been my main bike of choice for over three years – over which time I’ve ridden three totally different generations of the design. The Foxy rides so well that I’ve never felt the need to look at the slightly heavier duty Dune that shared similar geometry and packed an extra 20mm travel – but I’m literally bouncing off the walls in excitement now this beast has been unveiled – the new additional features the new 2016 Mondraker Dune Carbon has really set it apart from the Foxy as a heavy hitting Enduro weapon.
Here are the main features you need to know about the brand new Dune Carbon:
- There are three models – the Dune R €5999; Dune RR €7499 and the top flight Dune XR at €8999
- There are four sizes – S (15in); M (17in); L (19in) and XL (21in)
- It uses Mondraker’s Forward Geometry
- The FG30mm stem comes stock, but FG20 and FG10mm stems are available
- It has 160mm of travel and uses the Zero suspension platform
- Chainstay length is adjustable – 430 or 440mm
- Head angle adjustable from 65 – 67degrees
- The upper linkage is a one-piece carbon fibre Monoblock design
- Cable routing is internal
- The lower linkage is brand new and there are new oversized bearings and axles
- There is a built in carbon fibre mudguard for the shock
- Rear post mount for 180mm disc rotor
- There are built in chainstay and down tube protectors
- BB73 standard threaded bottom bracket
- Frameset weight approx 5.40lbs
- Limited lifetime warranty
We’re in line to get a test sample at the first opportunity the size XL’s come off the production line – and will keep you updated!